Effective as of October 15, 2020
Personal Information We Collect
Information you give us. Personal information that you may provide through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first name, last name, professional title, organizational affiliation, postal address, office location, email address and telephone number;
- Account data, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, and any account preferences;
- Communications, such as information you provide when you respond to surveys, participate in telephone conferences with our representatives (which may be recorded with your permission where permitted by law); report a problem with Service, receive customer support or otherwise communicate with us;
- Transaction data, such as the credit card or other payment card details that you use to pay for the Service, and your Service-related billing information and transaction history;
- Marketing data, such your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with them; and
Information from third party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as our data providers; business partners; and publicly accessible sources, such as social media platforms.
Data collected automatically. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log the following information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on the Service and other online services:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location information such as city or town.
- Usage data, such as the website you visited before browsing to the Service, pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Some of our automatic collection is facilitated by:
- Cookies, which are text files stored on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently and remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content within it was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
Changes to your personal information. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if your personal information changes during your relationship with us by updating your registration profile or emailing us at email@example.com.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate, maintain, and improve the Service;
- communicate with you regarding the Service, including by sending you Service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- process your Service subscription transactions and process your related payments:
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service; and
- provide support for the Service and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business and develop other products and services. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing. We and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. If you request information from us, use the Service or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, we may send you Aniline-related marketing communications as permitted by law but will provide you with the ability to opt out.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
Other purposes with your consent. In some cases we will ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information for other purposes. For example, we may ask for your consent to send you marketing emails where required by law or to post your testimonial or endorsement.
How We Share Your Personal Information
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services they render to us.
- Other users of the Service and the public. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of the Service or the public. For instance, you may be able to maintain a user profile with information about yourself that you can make available to other users or the public. You may also be able to submit content to the Service, and we will display your name, username, and a link to your user profile along with the content you submit. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to such users or the public.
- Compliance and protection.We may disclose your personal information as we believe appropriate to government or law enforcement officials or private parties (a) for the compliance and protection purposes described above; (b) as required by law, lawful requests or legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (c) where permitted by law in connection with any legal investigation; and (d) to prosecute or defend legal claims.
Access or update your information. You may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in your registration profile by logging into your account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by logging in and changing your account settings or by following the opt-out prompt in the email. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Advertising choices. You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Browser settings. Blocking third party cookies in your browser settings using or ad-blocking browser plug-ins/extensions.
- Mobile device settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Platform settings. Using Google’s and Facebook’s interest-based advertising opt-out features:
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
The opt-out preferences described above must be set on each device for which you want them to apply. Not all companies that serve interest-based ads participate in the ad industry opt-out programs described above, so even after opting-out, you may still receive some cookies and interest-based ads from other companies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements on-line but they may be less relevant to you.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide your personal information. If you do not provide information indicated as required or mandatory within the Service, or that is otherwise necessary to provide a requested service or feature within the Service, that portion or all of the Service may be unavailable to you and we may deactivate your account.
The security of your personal information important to us. We take a number of organizational, technical and physical measures designed to protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no security safeguards are 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
International Data Use
Aniline is headquartered in the United States and has affiliates and service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be collected, used and stored in the United States or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country.
Third Party Sites and Services
The Service may contain links to other websites and services operated by third parties, such as social media platforms, advertising services and other websites and applications. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites, applications or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to learn more.
The Service is not directed at, and Aniline does not knowingly acquire or receive personal information from, children under the age of 16. If we learn that any user of the Service is under the age of 16, we will take appropriate steps to delete that individual’s personal information and restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
58 Valley Lane
Chappaqua, NY 10514
Important Information for California Residents
This section applies only to California residents. It describes how we collect, use and share Personal Information of California residents in operating our business, and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.
Your California privacy rights. As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that we will not penalize you for exercising your rights by taking actions such as denying you services; increasing the price/rate of services; decreasing service quality; or suggesting that we may penalize you as described above for exercising your rights.
- Opt-out of sales. If we sell your Personal Information, you can opt-out. In addition, if you direct us not to sell your Personal Information, we will consider it a request pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law to stop sharing your personal information covered by that law with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
How to exercise your rights
You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
· Right to information, access and deletion. You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights by:
o visiting www.aniline.io/contact
o emailing email@example.com
· Right to opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information. We do not sell your Personal Information in the conventional sense (i.e., for money). However, like many companies, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you. California law classifies our use of these services as a “sale” of your Personal Information to the companies that provide the services. This is because we allow them to collect information from our website users (e.g., online identifiers and browsing activity) so they can help serve ads more likely to interest you.) You can request to opt-out out of this “sale” of your personal information here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
We reserve the right to confirm your California residence to process your requests and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. As part of this process, government-identification or verified statements may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government-issued identification. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
Personal information that we collect, use and share
- Categories we collect: Contact data
- Commercial Information
- Categories we collect: Account data, transaction data, marketing data, online activity data
- Financial Information
- Categories we collect: Transaction data
- Online Identifiers
- Categories we collect: Account data, device data
- Internet or Network Information
- Categories we collect: Marketing data, device data, online activity data
- Categories we collect: Transaction data, marketing data, device data, online activity data
Sources. We describe the sources from which we collect this Personal Information in the section above entitled “Personal Information We Collect”;
Purposes. We describe the business and commercial purposes for which we collect this Personal Information in the section above entitled “How We Use Your Personal Information”; and
Disclosure. We disclosed this Personal Information to the categories of third parties described in the section above entitled “How We Share Your Personal Information.”